Translate

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Torn Hold Map in progress



Still at the early stages and I am thinking how best to do the houses and other buildings as I don't want to have to draw each one individually I was wondering if I could get a house or building brush for GIMP and use that. This is why its taking quite so long to be honest




Have decided what to do now and made some progress  as I have added  the upper works of the hold but not yet added the houses using the set of brushes I made with the aid of GIMP ans a source image found using the roll20 search tool. The walls ans the hold need further detailing as do the roads and surrounding country but I have broken the mind block now.


I have now done considerable cleaning up and corrections on the image though that might not be immediately visible from the picture. It should however be apparent that I have started to add buildings to the town using a brush I made with GIMP it also sould be apparent that the additional houses have rather more detail than the rest of the map which has sent me of looking for ways to add this level to all the other map elements.

I would also recommend this Google community to the aspiring map maker as well as the Cartographers Guild

No comments:

Post a Comment