Translate

Saturday 30 August 2014

Removing junk HTML tags

Grrr.... Computers Grrr

  1. I am having a problem saving the large consolidated post pages when I update them.
  2. This I am advised is due to junk HTML takes left on it by Microsoft Word which I have been using to compose the posts. This I can get away with in the individual posts but in the large ones such as the pages its too much and the pages stop saving which makes updating them impossible.
  3. I am dyslexic and the thought of manually cleaning up a large messy file is a bit daunting to put it mildly
  4. I don't have much experience or knowledge of the Black art of HTML coding  so beyond removing the explicit Word tags on a hunch wouldn't know where to go next.
  5. I have been looking for a HTML cleaner to automate the process 
  6. Those I have found so far have been either excuses for downloading Spam applications or  the equivalent of cutting and pasting the text into Notepad and I lose all the formatting and am left with a jumble of text
  7. Suggestions would be useful but the next plan is to use open office a program I don't actually like all that much and see if it will produce a cleaner file form the copied and pasted text form the blog 
  8. Touch wood 

Grrr.... Computers Grrr

Image borrowed from 

No comments:

Post a Comment